Sunday, January 29, 2012

“Chinese-Hispanic Rice”



Hello my readers,

Hope all of you are doing well! I’ve being busy in my “little kitchen” but now it’s time to share some of the results with you J.  I know I say that all of my recipes are simple, but this one it really is! I love to chop vegetables so I only had to get them out of my fridge, wash and chop them.  My friend Electra came up with this recipe and gave it to me about 3 years ago.  Delicious and healthy!

You will need:

2 cups of white rice
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp sesame oil
½ tbsp salt (if desired)
¼ cup green onions, chopped
 6 cloves of garlic, minced
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 carrot, finely shredded
½ red bell pepper, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 cup of cabbage, shredded
2 cups of bean sprouts
1/3 cup fresh parsley
Soy sauce



Directions:
Cook the white rice only with water (no oil, or salt).



 While the rice is being cooked, start chopping the vegetables.  


On a large pan add the oils, green onion, garlic, yellow onion, carrot, red pepper, celery and salt, and cook them on medium heat. 




 Stir them occasionally for about 10-12 minutes.




Add the cabbage and continue to stir occasionally for about 5 minutes.  



Add parsley and mix it in. 


Add cooked rice and soy sauce (to taste). Mix well until all vegetables, rice and sauce are well mixed in.   



Serve and garnish with a parsley leaf.  Enjoy!



Always remember; "I can do all things through Christ who Strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Xo,

Aixa


~~~~~~~

Un saludo caluroso a todos mis lectores!

Espero que estén muy bien.  Yo he estado un poquito ocupada en la cocina J , pero ya es hora de que comparta alguna de las recetas que he cocinado. Yo se que siempre digo que mis recetas son fáciles de hacer pero esta sí que es fácil! A mí me encanta cortar los vegetales así que todo lo que tuve que hacer fue sacarlos de la nevera, lavarlos, cortarlos y LISTO! Es importante aclarar que esta receta me la dio mi amiga Electra hace algunos 3 años atrás. Rica y saludable!

Necesitaras:

2 tazas de arroz blanco
4 cdas aceite de oliva
1 cda aceite de ajonjolí
½ cda sal (si desea)
¼ taza cebollines verdes, picaditos
6 dientes de ajo
1 cebolla amarilla bien picadita
1 zanahoria rallada fina
½ pimiento rojo picadito
2 tallos de apio picados
1 taza repollo rallado
2 tazas brotes de soja
1/3 taza perejil fresco picadito
Salsa de Soya (al gusto)

Como hacer:

Cocina el arroz solo con agua (sin aceite o sal).  Mientras se cocina el arroz, comienza a cortar los vegetales. En un sartén grande añade los aceites, cebollines verdes, ajo, cebolla amarilla, zanahoria, pimiento rojo, apio y sal, cocínalos a fuego mediano.  Revuelve los vegetales ocasionalmente y déjalos cocinar por 10-12 minutos.  Añade el repollo y continúa revolviendo los vegetales por 5 minutos más.  Añade el perejil y revuelve.  Añade el arroz y salsa de soya y revuelve bien.  Sirve y decora con una hojita de perejil.  Buen Provecho!

Xo,
Aixa  


















4 comments:

  1. This dish looks great. My sons a picky eater but loves his rice. Looks like a great way to sneak in veggies so he gets a healthy meal :) Will try soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cristal! It works for me sneaking in veggies for my husband (I started telling him what veggies I used and he stopped me saying "please don't tell me , its too good LOL) so I'm sure it will work with Carter! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Gracias amiga! Sii estaba super rico!! :)
      Xo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Let me know if you have any questions, suggestions or want to share something with me!